Q u o t e: True, but you know that I'm trying to say. The style of some characters in D2 could also have helped immersion rather than have been something you had to get used to.
no doubt any true fan would agree that many elements of D2 are not "ideal".
i personally dry heave at the idea of shape shifters, paladins, and assassins anywhere near a "sword and sorcery" RPG.
at the very least you now have a slight grasp of the dissapointment of D3.
"Eye See You!"
21. Re: Let's just say it: The ladder is a failur 05/26/2012 09:01:58 AM PDT
We can all agree D2 is rather silly compared to the original. And not quite as good looking.
Back more on topic, Path of Exile has this thing called "Leagues". Here's how they work:
* There are two eternal leagues, Standard and Hardcore. All other leagues are children to one of these leagues.
* A character is never deleted or unplayable. When you fall out of a league for any reason, that character moves to its parent league. Dead Hardcore characters get sent into Standard, for example.
* Shorter duration leagues run perodically, and they can have special rules enforced such as Ironman. They can run from a day to a week, and prizes can be made available to the top ranking players when it concludes.
On the surface, it doesn't seem to be an improvement over our ladder (except that Leagues afaik don't tantalize with exclusive items).. but if an open league isn't running 24/7, it probably is.
Q u o t e: Nevermind the fact that Blizzard completely scrapped and threw out their "final patch" idea that was supposed to "tie Diablo II in with the events of Diablo III".
At this point, I can think of little else I want less in the world. Maybe new items with references to MC Hammer and Lady Gaga.
22. Re: Let's just say it: The ladder is a failur 06/17/2012 12:13:02 AM PDT
Q u o t e: Okay peeps... time to dust off those wallets and go get D3 for your computers. Its waaay better no bots, and seems to really have solved some problems that D2 ran into. How it will work long term I dont know but it seems pretty cool so far. To me its less about the pinata item finding analogy and more about the cool kick ass things your hero can do.
I also find the game much harder compared to D2 which is a good thing.
23. Re: Let's just say it: The ladder is a failur 06/29/2012 07:36:07 AM PDT