Hi! So I've seen several other threads with this same problem: I play WC3 on my widescreen laptop, and I have the game set on a 4:3 resolution, but it stretches this to the full width of my screen. I want the black bars on either side with a normal 4:3 game in the middle.
I saw 2 solutions to this in other threads, and I tried to do both, but it did't work:
Solution1) go to the control panel of the video card and set it to scale with fixed aspect ratio.
- This did not work for me because only have a integrated video chip on my motherboard and I have no video card control panel at all.
Solution 2) edit the registry for WC3 video options and manually put in the resolution I want.
- I did this, but it didn't seem to make a difference
So this is where I am now:
- my normal screen resolution is 16:9 ratio 1366x768
- I want wc3 to run in 4:3 ratio 1024x768
- I have that resolution set in wc3
- I have the registry for the wc3 resolution manually set to 1024x768
- wc3 runs in the right resolution, but stretched to a 16:9 aspect ratio
Can anyone help me? Please!!
These are a couple of the threads I read of people having my same problem. I tried their solutions to no avail: