Well,im writting in friends name,cos he doesnt know how to use forums etc...The problem is,that he bought new pc x64 and he installed ofc warcraft 3 with all patches bla bla bla,and when we play DotA,his warcraft just crashes..We can play like 20-30 min "normal" and then he got crash error...Here is DMP file,thathe gave it to me...I hope that u can fix this prob..Tnx
Btw just to tell u that we try'd evrything..New video drivers,-window,-opengl,-swtnl etc...
Warcraft III (build 6387)
I can give you several steps to try. Crashing in Warcraft III though is pretty much going to be a hardware problem, or a corrupted installation.
Due to the flexibility of the triggers in the Warcraft III Map Editor, it is possible to make triggers that can cause the game to crash. If you are experiencing crashing while playing a custom made map please try playing a Blizzard designed map - this will help to determine if the issue is related to the custom map or a possible conflict.
As always, please install the latest game patch. The patch includes several fixes that may correct this type of error. You can patch the game by connecting to Battle.net for the auto-patch or you can download and run the stand-alone patch from the Warcraft III Patch Page at http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20673.
If the patch does not correct the problem, please test the game after trying each item below. Each solution listed has been reported to solve these problems for other customers.
1. Download war3.reg from http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/war3/other/ and save it to your Windows Desktop. Once the file has been downloaded, double-click on it to import the registry info. This file will set Warcraft III to mute sound, run with the basic settings for video and set the refresh rate for the monitor to 60Hz. Once the game has started, you may select the options menu and adjust the video and sound settings as desired.
2. Add -Opengl tag after shortcut:
- Click Start
- Highlight Programs
- Highlight Warcraft III without clicking on it.
- Right click on the Warcraft III icon
- Click Properties
- In the Target field add -opengl after the quotation mark
Example: "C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\Warcraft III.exe" -opengl
- Click OK
- Try the game now with the icon you just modified.
Drivers should be available from the manufacturer's website for each individual component. Motherboard drivers will be available on your motherboard or system manufacturer's site. It is important that you follow all precautions given by your motherboard manufacturer when updating drivers or firmware. Links to manufacturers' web sites can be found at: http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/21124
6. If you have installed any video codec packs, such as Nimo's Codec pack, for video editing or playback please uninstall them and try the game. These codec packs, especially ones with DivX codecs, may conflict with the video codecs in the game causing the game to crash or not start properly.
8. This solution is recommended for advanced users only. We have gotten reports of crashing, freezing, and memory read error messages being solved by removing bad or mismatched RAM from machines. You may want to remove one stick of RAM at a time and see if this corrects the crash. If you would like to test your RAM to make sure it is performing as it should you may want to run a RAM testing program. If you need a program to do this try doing a search on the web or consult your local computer technician. Unfortunately we cannot provide support for using these programs but they should come with well documented readme's to get you started on how to use them.
Advanced Users Only: If your system is overclocked, it may be producing too much heat which will adversely affect program performance. If the system is producing high amounts of heat, but is not overclocked, we would suggest you add a fan to your system to help distribute heat in the case.
Technical Support is available
7 days a week, 8am-8pm Pacific Time
I'm not available Saturday/Sunday
Yeah we know all that...We have try evrything and still we got damn crash....Latest graphic drivers,lates motherboard drivers,lates sound drivers etc...The thing is,that he only get crash in DOTA game ffs...He's playing STRACRAFT 2 w/o any problem on ULTRA DETAILS but not DotA -_- ...Yesterday his friend was playing allso custom maps nvm whats name and he chould play that custom map for hours w/o getting game crashed....Even when he's watching DotA replays,he get crash error ^^ Doesnt matter if he was ingame or not...Cant be that DotA got some issues with triggers,and he's the only one who got crash ^^ I mean i can still play dota w/o any probles...Dunno what should i say else.....
The only third party addon what is he using is skype,so we can talk during dota games....The win7 in totaly clear..We have even tryd this:
Formated C+D Partitions
When we have installed new win,we have just INSTALLED wacraft 3 AND NOTHING ELSE !!!
And again he got crash error....
And just to say its just Warcraft/DotA...Other games+programs are working normaly.
We have tryd evrything
Run this program in compatibility mode for:
Windows XP Service pack 2
Windows XP Service pack 3
Windows Vista Service pack 1
Windows Vista Service pack 2
Run in 640x480 screen resolution
Disable visual themes
Disable desktop composition
And allso Run this program as an administrator...