You can use the Runeword mod; all it does is activate the Ladder-only runewords, so it doesn't bring in all that crap PlugY does. You can get it here: http://www.chrisclarke.co.uk/D2stuff/PDFs/RRM%20RWM/
Order Of The Single Player "less chatter... more splatter"
5. Re: Single player runewords 03/28/2010 02:06:48 PM PDT
To allow the most recent ladder runewords (1.13c) to singleplayer:
1) Download this file: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_MKcrNsKcK6Zjg2NzYwOTMtYTQ3OC00M2FmLTliYzgtMTNlZDcyMTAyNzcx&hl=en
2) Place it in the "Diablo II\data\global\excel" folder so that it looks something like this: Diablo II\data\global\excel\Runes.txt (note: you will need to create these folders)
3) Add -direct -txt to the shortcut command-line so that it looks something like this: "C:\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -direct -txt
4) Try out the runeword to see if it works. If it didn't work, close the game using the Task Manager... do NOT exit the game normally or it will save the lost runes.
This will do the bare minimum to allow the usage of ladder runewords in singleplayer. This is the least invasive way to do it. No game files are changed, and if you want to revert it, just delete the data\global\excel folder!
[ Post edited by Hobotos ]
7. Re: Single player runewords 03/30/2010 10:15:40 AM PDT
You do know that is the purpose of a mod right? You are basically saying all mods are lame which is just ignorant. There are some well done single players mods for D2.
Don't hold your breath. Let me get this straight. Ladder only rune words and realm events where never intended by the developers to be a part SP (why do you think they are called ladder only and realm events?). So it's okay to ask Blizzard to change the original intent of things but not do it yourself with mods especially when the changes you are requesting have a snowball's chance in hell of happening? Okay....
Well there's unobtrusive mods that only unlock content thats already available elsewhere (like Runeword Mod), there's slightly unobtrusive mods that only accentuate existing gameplay (like the now-obsolete Red Rune Mod), and there's mods that substantially change the gameplay, add new content, or completely circumvent the intended game mechanics (editors, hacks, expansion mods, etc.)
And the reason they're ladder-only is because NL on bnet doesnt have access to them, making them somewhat valuable on NL, which never gets its economy reset...on SP, by definition, you're only playing with yourself, so there's no reason Blizz should want to limit your access to anything they think is OK for the game, like ladder-only RWs...