I made a new char yesterday on ladder and put my items on this char.
Then i installed new patch this morning.
But i cant join game or make private game by this char,
gets a message saying "unable to enter game" and sends me back to lobby.
All my characters except this one can enter games.
2. Re: Unable to enter game ? 03/24/2010 11:36:19 AM PDT
Odd enough my boyfriend and I experience the same problem. We tried deleting the bnet cache thingy but it doesn't help.
This afternoon we have been able to play for about 15 minutes, then it all froze/ lagged like crazy (chars could move but couldn't do anything) and then it stopped working at all.
If the patch stays like this D2 is doomed :(
As Finishing Touch, God Created the Dutch.
Aka: Disturbed_Cat@ USEast.
5. Re: Unable to enter game ? 03/24/2010 02:07:40 PM PDT
I had the same problem for a couple of games that i could not create or join - especially in the new 1.13 patch.
Here's a couple of things to try that can usually solve the problem:
1. The first thing to do is to fully exit the game. Wait about 3-5 minutes and load the game back up and try it. This usually solves the problem. Be sure to wait a few minutes so you don't get the famous "Your key is being used by another person" error message - seems to be common after the research i've done through these forums.
2. Maybe the first option didn't work, (sometimes it won't), I suggest renewing your internet connection, and (advanced users) if your using a router without DHCP reservation enabled (this is usually not used by default unless you have systems that are dedicated to the router - ex. Printer Server), request a new IP by using the ipconfig /renew command using the command prompt. After doing so, wait 3-5 minutes (please be sure to wait it out), do some surfing on stumble-upon or something, then try to reconnect.
3. If both of the above fail, restart your computer, reset your modems/router and wait a good minute or two and then turn everything back on. Also be sure to turn off your Windows Firewall (useless btw - Zonelabs or Comodo ftw) and see if that makes any difference. Also try disabling IP Protection in Malwarebytes and also the firewall in AVG.
President of Northern Host