okay its been about 3 days now that ive been messing w/ this game. i havent played in about 3 years but i know i never had this much trouble. when i first installed the game, it told me it was unable to verify my app. then i restarted comp and it played, but everytime i went to a new act the game shut off on me. And everytime i tried to open the game, a little black box in upper left hand corner of my desktop went through the alphabet capitalized and lowercased and all the symbols on the keyboard before it opened game, this took about 5 minutes. So i ran a scan and spyware programs, made a new account to log onto on my computer with, and now the game pops right up, but it still says unable to verify application! i am getting so frustrated here. I just want to play some D2 but I have no idea wat else to do, i had uninstalled and reinstalled the game several time and restarted ive been all over the tech help page on the website and nothing i do seems to help. Can someone please help me??
1. Re: Unable to verify application 01/18/2010 09:24:24 AM PST
something else i dont understand is when i uninstall the game, and try to reinstall, i do all 3 discs for just d2 then when i put in the expansion cd it doesnt ask me to install and enter the cdkey it just says to play d2 lod. the first time i installed it asked for the cdkey, im pretty sure its uninstalling it all.
4. Re: Unable to verify application 01/18/2010 12:15:07 PM PST
Try disabling desktop composition, this should fix it. If that doesn't work, try disabling Aero Glass or To disable Aero Glass, follow the steps below:
1. Right-Click on a blank area of desktop
2. Select Personalize from the context menu
3. Click Window Color and Appearance Option
4. Here you can check if you want to Enable Transparency or not.
5. You can also disable the whole Aero Glass theme from here. Just click the Open classic appearance properties for more color options link.
6. Select a non-Aero theme and click OK.
As far as it not being uninstalled, which version are you using, the CD's or Digital Downloads?
The Chat Gem Lives!
5. Re: Unable to verify application 01/18/2010 12:37:40 PM PST
okay i just disabled it, and it still wont work i just dont get it. im using the cds. they are brand new i just bought about a week ago and my comp is new about 4 months. im using windows vista so there shouldnt be a problem right?
6. Re: Unable to verify application 01/18/2010 09:54:13 PM PST
Try running the game using different modes. Follow the steps below:
1) Create a shortcut to the game on your desktop.
2) Right click on the shortcut and choose "Properties".
3) In the target box after the last quotation, press the space bar once and type in the command lines below:
Windowed Mode: Your target line should look something like "C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w
w, window, windowed
The Chat Gem Lives!
7. Re: Unable to verify application 01/19/2010 06:34:40 AM PST
okay the only thing that does is make the game screen smalled still says unable to verify app version. so i think im just gonna take my tower and have it cleaned out completely and start over fresh so no viruses no nothing and see if that works, if not.... i dont know wat to do. its driving me bonkers here.
8. Re: Unable to verify application 01/19/2010 07:14:25 AM PST