Unfortunately, we cannot tell you the exact reason as to why you have been restricted, or the amount of time you'll be restricted. The only thing we can show it the list of reasons for restrictions and give you a timeframe. Please note that restrictions cannot be removed or shortened, the only solution is to wait it out. You can view the thread below for more information about restrictions:
Now, there are different types of restrictions. First, there's the Realm Down message which only appears on Diablo2. This type of restriction lasts between 2 minutes and 12 hours. Next, there's the Temporary Restriction and the Extended Restriction. Temporary restrictions last anywhere from 2 minutes to 72 hours and Extended Restrictions last between 3 days and 2 weeks. If you would like to find out what type of restriction it is, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, it will take an employee 2-3 business days to respond to you.
The Chat Gem Lives!
2. Re: I cannot enter to azeroth (useast) 03/03/2009 08:33:58 AM PST
I have confirmed you have an extended temporary restriction on your connection. This issue will happen as a result of (but not limited to) the following:
- Rapidly connecting and disconnecting to Battle.net
- Creating or joining numerous games within a short time period
- By the use of "add-on programs"
- Chat channel abuse
- Failed login attempts
- In game latency caused by excessive spell effects
- Spamming text in the chat channel (often associated with bots)
- Repeated attempts to use an invalid CD-Key
- Repeated use of third-party programs (hacks) – these include but are not limited to sending bad packets, flooding the server(s), and the use of hack programs
Restrictions of this nature can last from several days up to two weeks. Technical Support does not have access to the reason a specific restriction was put in place or the length of time the restriction is for. We also do not have the ability to remove the restriction. The only thing I can recommend is trying to connect every couple of days to see if the restriction has lifted (this will not extend your restriction).