I'm playing WC3 using OSX, and I keep encountering problems with the game freezing. It seems to just happen in custom games, and at random times such as if I'm DLing, or in the middle of the game.
When it freezes, it doesn't lock up my whole computer, just the game itself. If I cmd+Q try to minimize the game it will take a while but it will close out, and other programs like ventrilo still operate when the game is frozen so I know it's just the game itself.
Is it someone causing me to crash out like this? I know there are a lot of programs that boot players from games, and other illegal programs like that so it could just be that. But if it's me I'd like to be able to fix ir
1. Re: Warcraft 3 keeps freezing up - Mac 02/06/2009 03:58:12 PM PST
Since it's just the game that's freezing, the quickest way to resolve it should be to reinstall the game.
Please use the steps below to repair file permission settings on the hard drive.
1.) Click on the Finder icon in the Dock
2.) Open the Applications folder
3.) Open the Utilities folder
4.) Double click on the Disk Utility application icon
5.) Select the hard drive the game is installed on
6.) Select the First Aid option
7.) Click on the Repair Disk Permissions button
Repair Directory Procedure:
1. (Re) start the computer
2. Right after the computer starts press Cmd (Apple) +s until you get a black screen with white type
3. Let go of the keys when this screen comes up
4. At the cursor please type the following: fsck -fy and press return
5. Please be aware that some of the procedures will look like they are frozen, but are actually taking a long time i.e. checking hierarchy
6. If anything had to be repaired, repeat step 4
7. Once things are repaired type exit and press return
8. Computer will boot into Mac OS
Please use the following steps to uninstall the game:
1) How to remove the Warcraft III folder:
* Find the Warcraft III folder on your hard drive and open it.
* Copy or move the Save folder to the desktop.
* Copy or move any maps you have made (in the Maps folder) to the desktop.
* Delete the Warcraft III folder.
2) How to remove the preferences files for the game and battle.net:
* If you are using Mac OS X, open the ~/Library/Preferences folder using the Finder's Go To Folder option.
* If you are using Mac OS 9.2.2 or earlier open the System folder and then open the Preferences folder.
* Find all the files in the Preferences folder which contain the words "Warcraft III", "BNUpdate", "Blizzard", or "Battle.net" and delete those files.
3) Run the installer for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos.
4) If you have Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne install it now.