What's good about Strafe...........
1. Strafe wastes less arrows. I need to replenish my arrows pretty frequently with MS!
2. Strafe works better on single bosses if you have decent life & mana leech (VERY IMPT**).
3. You get an idea where the rest of the monsters are by shooting at one monster (great for those little monsters that can't really be seen).
4. Strafe provides a clean kill. There's no missing out on any monster.
5. You feel godly in maggot's lair.
What's not good about Strafe.............
1. It gets interrupted when you Dodge (involuntarily I might add). This problem is irritating because let's say you're in Tal Tomb, lots of monsters aiming at you, you shoot strafe, 1 arrow hits 1 mob, and u dodge involuntarily, strafe stops, 99% of the mobs are still hitting at you. But if I don't dodge, maybe i've already killed 50% of the mobs with my strafe. Can this be improved in 1.13?
This is when MS is better because 1 shoot might mean u're already taking down 50% of the mobs, and dodge actually helps.
2. If you have not enough life and mana leech, and you're hitting Diablo with strafe, you are locked down during that period. If Diablo sprays his firebreath at you while u're locked, you can't run away and would probably die.
3. Sometimes, your strafe arrows keeps missing 70% of the monsters because they are running faster than your arrows can reach them. Then u'lll get no leech, no kills, and would probably die.
for HELL RUNS,
when i am SCARED and do not know what's ahead, i spray my Multishots to hopefully KNOCKBACK, SLOW and HURT mobs I do not see.
when I have a clear understanding of how the mobs are standing, what kind they are, I will then choose between STRAFE and Freezing Arrow to kill them off.