I was wondering what everyone would think about a Random Map Generator in battle.net.
How it would work is:
1) Only standard (non-UMS maps, no custom triggers) Blizzard Official maps or Battle.net Official maps would work with this play mode.
2) The RMG (Random Map Generator) would pick a map based on how many players you want available, aside from that, the RMG would decide everything else.
3) It would give a TvB, Melee, FFA, and alike (no UMS) option, but also a random TvB option as well.
4) Battle.net would keep track of which maps are played and/or selected most and which are played least. From that information, the most heavily played maps would be put at the "bottom" of RMG list, and least played maps at the "top". From that "list" base the RMG on a "D20" system. If a map is never played it has a 19 out of 20 chance of being "rolled", but if it's a crazy over played map (like BGH) it has a 1 in 20 chance of being rolled on the RMG
5) Give the option to have the map preview and map size disabled so the only thing you know for sure is how many players are able to play. This way when the game starts everyone is flying blind
Thoughts, good, bad, Ideas or suggestions?
"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, and the future frightens us ...and our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."