I'm having a few issues with Wc3 randomly wanting to drop me while I'm on Bnet. It only happens on my main computer, but doesn't happen when I'm playing on my laptop. I'm running Windows 7 on both of them.
Here are a few of the problems that arise:
1. Sometimes it works fine for a few games, other times it wants to drop me 30 seconds after I log onto bnet.
2. This is where it gets strange. If I get the "Press to Disconnect" box and I alt-tab, then the game runs fine in the background. How do I know this? Because if alt-tab for 5 minutes, and tab back in, I haven't been dropped yet, and for a split second or two the game works fine. Also, such as in a TD, the waves will have progressed. So if it had the box first appear at wave 3, but then I alt tab, when I tab back in it may be on wave 10. However, the box comes back after about half a second once I have tabbed back in.
3. Sometimes if I alt-tab when it's having issues it will go to a black screen and my computer will pretty much become unresponsive. The only way to fix this is to press the reset button on the computer.
Can anyone think of what the issues may be?
I don't think it's my internet connection, though I'm not sure. Games like L4D2 and TF2 seem to work fine. I don't think it's my router since my laptop doesn't seem to have the same issues. (However, my router has been kinda screwy the past few months. But like I said, other games seem to be fine.) I have windows completely updated, and I have all my drivers updated etc. Also, this is practically a clean install of windows and Wc3. So while it may seem like it could be a software issue, I don't think that's it either. This is because wc3 was doing similar things before I reinstalled windows and wc3.
OS: Windows 7 64-bit
MB: Asus P5K-E wifi-ap
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66GHz
Video Card: Radeon HD4870
HDD: Two 160GB Raid-0
Memory: 2GB DDR2
Solutions I have tried:
1. Tried using -opengl mode and compatibility mode with Windows XP Service Pack 2
2. Tried reinstalling Wc3
Solutions that semi-work:
1. If I run Wc3 in -windowed mode, then everything works fine. It connects to Battlenet correctly etc. However, I don't like playing in -windowed mode; I would prefer a different solution.
EDIT: Someone suggested I delete all .mpq files in my wc3 folder. I tried this, but when launching the game it asks me to insert a disc. I don't have a disc, I downloaded the installer from Battlenet.