Hurricane Isle is the most commonly vetoed map - remove it.
4v4 Random Team is the most played bracket now. Add some more maps to give us variety. Really cool maps:
- Twilight Ruins - it is another large sunken falls map with similiar neutral facilities like hurricane isle, without the downside of being an island map (which a LOT of people seem to hate).
- Feralas - a nice top vs bottom map with nice places you can create walls to protect your base, and completely lacks simple ways to block your enemies to impede them. Has taverns and central creeps to fight over. Since it lacks merc camps and goblin labs, it will be a map for great big battles of purely traditional units on the open space of the shallow water.
- Deadlands - a map on the OUTLAND tileset. There are currently no 4v4 maps on the pool on the outland tileset! This is another top vs bottom map with bridges connecting the sides. This will lead to fun games involving blocking off the bridges, and using zeppelins to do drops. The bases are pretty balanced too - there are no "outside" bases. They're all roughly the same distance to the bridges.
- Deathknell - this one will make more fun air battles and drops, similiar to what happens on Dragon Falls. Also has good perching possibilities!
- Last man standing - Left vs Right map with one main path to get to the other side. This map will work out like slalom games, except since it has goblin labs, we can reveal our enemies and do drops. Also had some cool dragon roosts with perchable ground.
Sanctuary - It is VERY similiar to Mur'gul Oasis. Mur'gul Oasis works out well for both short and long games, so why not add a similiar map to it with a different tileset!
Maps NOT to add:
- Gardens of War, while popular, it will still boil down to controlling the middle FAST and towering it up. That map needs creeps in the middle.
- Northshire. The golems at the corners are blocked by trees, but there is no goblin lab to use to get easy access to them. Also has too many taverns in a short area.
- Rock Quarry - not enough gold for such a huge map.
- Plains of Snow - change the gold mine in the middle to a dragon roost and that map could actually work really well
- Shamrock Reef - this one has a surprising lack of expansions.