1. Check one:
In general, spammers in my games:
N/A --> I only play hardcore (both expansion and classic) for the moment and spam bots are not so common in expansion and non-existent in classic
2. Have you ever bought items from a site advertised by an in-game spambot?
3. In public battle.net games you join, approx. what percentage have at least one spammer flood the screen during the course of the game?
0% --> If a spambot joins, it's only one and only spamming 3 sentences
4. In games you create or join that do have spammers, how many different spammers (unique accounts) join the game on average?
0.1 --> only 1 in 10 games on average a spambot joins in hardcore
5. (Hardcore-mode players only): Have you ever nearly lost (or actually lost) a character as a result of spam flooding the screen?
Absolutely not, since there are not that many. Maybe europe hardcore ladder is spared for the moment.
6. Which of the following suggested solutions would you support (Choose 1 or more):
A) "/option ignoremessages" (alias: "/o igm") will ignore all in-game text messages from anyone who is EITHER a) not in your friends list OR b) not partied with you. (From 4thdimension and Aces-wild.)
B) CAPTCHA (similar to the "Security input" on these forums) when creating Diablo 2 games.
C) Filter all in-game messages based on content (e.g., block the message if it contains a known item-site URL).
Temporary solution : play hardcore europe ladder expansion for minor spam bots or hardcore europe ladder classic for no spam bots at all ;-). Although I must say that classic hardcore has an average of 5 games at busy evenings :-D.