Q u o t e: 1) No, this is an ARPG, not an MMORPG. The mechanism would be too difficult to control, and it would lead to certain builds being overpowered if they could just spam all their skills simultaneously by hammering their keyboards. Plus, how would you do Paladin auras?
2) Not very fair to rangers and casters, who wont ever be close enough to pick up gold piles if they're partied. Not that gold's worth the coding time to change, anyway...but if anything, make gold piles 10x bigger but 10x less likely to drop?
3) The reason this is like this is because proc-a-WW-barbs would instantly crash games in dense areas like Cows where they're hitting almost once a frame.
1) If you can like I can name a dozen ARPG games right now that successfully implement hotkeys. It's nothing to do with the type of game. What's the difference between mapping skills to 2 mouse buttons or mapping skills to 2 mouse buttons and 2 keys? The game has a global cooldown system. People still wouldn't be able to "spall all their skills simultaneously" even if they wanted to.
2) Gold is autosplit. It's easier for everyone if it autoloots.
3) WW barbs don't attack any faster than zealadins or frenzy barbs, and they proc things just fine.