I can only speak for myself on this one, but I call BS.
I suppose I could take a lot of screens, but it wouldn't change your mind. I have never used a trading sight. You don't have to trade everything for HRs, even ones that are worth a ton of them. It's called trading item for item. I vary rarely trade for HRs. Most of my characters have no HRs whatsoever.
If jsp knowitalls know so much more about effectiveness of items, why is it that I am asked wtf I am using as I one hit things in a full game? For most of these characters it should be completely obvious due to the procs that are being set off?
Being given access to very high end items without having to put in the time to get them in game DOES limit ones knowledge about mechanics. It's like giving somebody a honorary doctorate in a core science. Often the recipient couldn't hold a knowledgeable conversation with a freshman. For example, if I magicked you a phd in physics, would that mean you could answer this?
P(m) = integral [1 / (m ln(10)) * e^( - (log (m / m(c)))^2 / (2 k^2)) ] evaluated from 0.1 to 0.7 where m(c) and k are constants. I'll even give you a hint. Look up error functions.
It doesn't mean that they cannot use what they have very well, but neither does it make them more knowledgeable than people that don't use these sites.
Before you categorically conclude people's stupidity, maybe you should make sure that you don't give the same impression.
You are wrong, well, I think you know that - well you are right I should not have been saying that everyone playing in game is noob, but Im pretty sure about this:
Among all "forum users" and all "only-game users", % amount of noobs in 2nd group is significantly higher - its becouse only few users actually can understand game code, and all rest who know something got it from forums...
Come on guys, Im not saying that JSP is perfect, but:
JSP (and other forums):
- Support game variability (mods like LLD, crafting etc.)
- Trading system isnt anonymous, meaning you can actually trust the seller! This is TOP2 possitive bonus...
- separate trade and play parts of game, meaning you dont have to AFK in game for so long - TOP1 bonus
- easier and much better trade system, no compare for official in game
- allows to trade everything - starting on EL rune and classic Diablo II fun sets (you can seel not just sigons there) ending with full accounts of PGems etc.
- allows to trade good items... OK you are right, its possible to trade item vs item, but this system is literally 1000 times better
AND yes, also:
- indirectly support dupers etc., but thats not conclusion of forum itself, but conclusion of better trade system -> every better trade system suppor dupers indirectly, since faster they can sell, the more they dupe... Izi... In other words, its only Blizzard fault, cuz they allow dupers
- allows users to buy ladder items for "FG from NL" - this is serious issue after ladder reset, and yes, it makes me very sad
IMO definitely pros >> cons
without forums game would be only 10 years old game ONLY about constant leveling with no other options, very crappy trades... ...and less dupers.
Maybe no dupers cuz who the hell would play that game?
When I get sad, I stop being sad, and be awesome instead. True story.